LearningCITI Library Resources
Winnipeg Public Library | Red River College Library | UWinnipeg Library | Live Help
Information is key to success! Libraries have great information resources and the staff to help you find what you are looking for.
The corridor libraries (Millennium Library/Winnipeg Public Library, Red River College Library, and UWinnipeg Library) can help you access needed information. Explore this page to access the right resources!
Online Access to Libraries
If you have a membership or affiliation with any of the corridor libraries, you will have access to a variety of electronic databases from your home that include information that is not freely available on the World Wide Web. On location, anyone may access each library's resources as a guest. Please use the top menu to access your library.
Don't Have a Library Membership?
Obtain a Winnipeg Public Library (WPL) membership online. Visit the WPL Website and click on My account/renewals, and then click on New User. This will provide you with temporary access to WPL's databases. For a permanent membership, please visit any of the WPL branches.
Use the free UWinnipeg Library chat service to talk with a library staff member online and ask for help with finding information. Simply click on the Live Help icon and ask your question.
Online Information Resources
The following resources include a variety of freely available information on the Internet.
- Infoplease - States that it provides access to more than 57,000 articles from the Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition.
- Canada e-book - The Canada e-Book uses sound, images, tables, graphs and both analytical and descriptive text to look at Canada-The Land, The People, The Economy and The State.
- Government of Canada Publications - A tool to search for publications created by the Government of Canada
- CIA World Fact Book - Overviews of countries around the world. It states that The World Fact Book is prepared by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) for the use of US Government officials.
- Wikipedia - Describes itself as an international Web-based free-content encyclopedia that exists as a wiki, a type of website that allows visitors to edit its content. Its articles tend to provide a good overview of a topic, but due to its editable nature, you may need to verify facts listed.
The Winnipeg Public Library has gathered a variety of useful web resources and categorized them. This is a great place to start your searching. Check out their Subject Guide to Internet Resources. Please note that you will be asked to accept the Winnipeg Public Library disclaimer, before you can access their guide.
Address: 251 Donald Street
See also: Branch Locations & Hours
Red River College Library
Address: 2055 Notre Dame Avenue
See also: About RRC Libraries
Address: 4th floor, Centennial Hall, 515 Portage Avenue
See also: Library Homepage